What to do if your car is stolen...
To report a vehicle theft, or if you have information about an illegal car-stripping operation ("chop shop") in Pennsylvania, call the investigative unit nearest you (see grantees, listed below by region). If you do not see your county listed below, contact your local police department.
Local police departments
If you need assistance with auto-theft related investigations, contact the nearest auto theft task force or unit below.
Pennsylvania Auto Theft Prevention
- Delaware County District Attorney's Office Auto Theft Unit, Media: (610) 891-4717
- Major Crimes Auto Theft Unit, Philadelphia Police Department: (215) 685-9137
- Philadelphia District Attorney's Office Auto Theft Unit: (215) 686-8723
- PA State Police Auto Theft Unit - Eastern Region (including Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties); Coatesville: (610) 269-5355
- Lehigh Auto Theft Task Force (including Lehigh and Northampton Counties), Lehigh County District Attorney's Office, Allentown: (610) 264-8758
- Northeast PA Regional Task Force (including Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Bradford, Monroe, Wayne, Wyoming, Sullivan, Columbia and Carbon Counties), Lackawanna County District Attorney's Office, Scranton: (570) 963-5177
- PA State Police Auto Theft Unit - Central Region (including Luzerne, Monroe, and Schuylkill Counties), Harrisburg: (717) 787-9041
- Lancaster City Police: (717) 735-3493
- PA State Police Auto Theft Unit - Central Region (including Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and York Counties), Harrisburg: (717) 787-9041
- Pittsburgh Police Department: (412) 255-2911